Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe of a favorite of mine.
- 3⁄4 lb smoked sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1⁄4 lb shrimp, medium, peeled, uncooked
- Cut sausage into 1/4 " slices.
- Saute garlic, sausage, pepper, and onion until pepper is soft.
- Add water, rice,salt, cayenne, and Tabasco.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat.
- simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are pink, stirring occasionally.