http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8801. These are sandwich style bites that are sure to be a hit at any cocktail party or any party! ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion & chive low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped, plus extra for decoration
- 1/4 teaspoon dill, plus extra for decoration (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 8 thin slices country bread (something that won't fall apart) or 8 potato bread (something that won't fall apart)
- 4 -6 slices smoked salmon (we prefer Nova)
- 1Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, capers and chives, lemon zest and enough lemon juice to flavour it, but not enough to make it runny.
- 2Season really well.
- 3Spread the mascarpone mix over all the bread slices, then cover completely with a layer of salmon.
- 4Put one bread slice on top of another, so you have a four separate stacks, each 2 deep (with smoked salmon on top).
- 5Carefully cut each into 6 bite-sized squares with a serrated knife.
- 6Dip the ends of the squares in chives and decorate with extra shreds of lemon zest if you like.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoked Salmon, Herbs & Cream Cheese Stacks
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 706.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: