Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8801. These are sandwich style bites that are sure to be a hit at any cocktail party or any party! ;)
- 4 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons onion & chive low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped, plus extra for decoration
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill, plus extra for decoration (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 8 thin slices country bread (something that won't fall apart) or 8 potato bread (something that won't fall apart)
- 4 -6 slices smoked salmon (we prefer Nova)
- Mix the mascarpone, cream cheese, capers and chives, lemon zest and enough lemon juice to flavour it, but not enough to make it runny.
- Season really well.
- Spread the mascarpone mix over all the bread slices, then cover completely with a layer of salmon.
- Put one bread slice on top of another, so you have a four separate stacks, each 2 deep (with smoked salmon on top).
- Carefully cut each into 6 bite-sized squares with a serrated knife.
- Dip the ends of the squares in chives and decorate with extra shreds of lemon zest if you like.