skarimom from Idaho's Note:
This idea came from the "Take Home Chef " he did a similar recipe on his show and I changed it up. I prefer to use fresh herbs, but anything you like will work. It's the method of cooking that I really like you can change it up to suit your taste and have fun with. Top with cheeses or bacon or both it is very versatile and fun. I haven't put measurements, because I do everything by sight. Prep time includes boiling time.
My Private Note
6 Smas ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and scrub potatoes. Leave skin on.
- 2Place in large pot filled with water until potatoes are covered and add salt.
- 3Bring to boiling, boil until knife goes through potato easily.
- 4Drain and lay potatoes on clean dish towel until dry and cooled enough to handle.
- 5Mean while line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle a small amount of olive oil over foil. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 6When potatoes are cooled place potato on pan and smash with palm of your hand or heavy spatula until potato is flattened repeat with all potatoes.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Drizzle with olive oil.
- 9Top with herbs and Parmesan. If using other cheeses wait until last few minutes of cooking to melt cheese.
- 10Bake until golden about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 11Remove with spatula.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smashed Roasted Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (216 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g