Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This chili has a fantastic taste. The fact that it can be made in my crock pot, makes it even better! **I know that cook times vary, according to each slow-cooker. Use your best judgement on how long to cook this chili.**
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, blend
- finely chopped red onion
- sour cream
- jalapeno pepper
- Fritos corn chips
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain.
- Spoon mixture into a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker; stir in corn and next 7 ingredients until well blended.
- Cook at HIGH 3 to 5 hours or at LOW 5 to 8 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings.
Good, easy crockpot meal that I ate over quinoa. Used diced tomatoes rather than crushed. Next time I will add more spices to give it more zing.