Recipe by cnpick05
I got this recipe from allrecipes.com and it is delicious! I've always wanted to try Salisbury Steak cooked in a slow cooker and finally found it and wanted to share it with others. You won't be dissapointed.
Top Review by Lynn in MA
Wonderful recipe. I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the cream of chicken. I also added in a can of sliced mushrooms and half of an onion, sliced thinly, at the beginning of cooking. The steaks were very tender, the gravy was absolutely delicious. I didn't think it too salty at all. This recipe will become part of my repertoire. Thanks for sharing.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packet au jus mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk using your hands. Shape into 8 patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dredge the patties in flour just to coat and quickly brown on both sides in the hot skillet.
- Place browned patties into the slow cooker stacking alternately like a pyramid.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix and water. Pour over the meat.
- Cook on the Low setting for 4 or 5 hours until ground beef is well done.