Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
You throw almost everything in and let it cook. Everyone I make it for loves it.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Potato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (may be reduced to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk (warm milk works best, see directions)
- Place all the ingredients except the milk into a slow cooker for 4-6 hours on low.
- Add warm milk 30 minutes before serving. Cold milk will stop the cooking process and delay meal. Do not add sooner because the milk may curdle.
- To thicken soup, add instant potato flakes to taste. You may use potato pearls but you will have to stir the soup a lot more to get the pearls to desolve.
This potato soup is easy and delicious! Didn't have any ham so used bacon bits, they work great! I shared with neighbors and they loved it! We'll be making this every week as it's now one of my husbands favorite meals. Made using 12 serves, shared with neighbor and still had plenty to freeze for quick meals. It freezes great! Thanks for an awesome meal!
Erv, this was great! I am going to make this again this week. I cut the potatoes in quarters b/c I was unsure of putting the potatoes without cutting them. It turned out wonderful:)
This soup is delicious! The first potato soup that I've really liked. I had it once without any instant potato flakes and it was still wonderful! At my house, extra pepper is always added because we like it with a bit of a bite.