Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I found this recipe in one of the many slow cooker sites but forgot to note which one.
Make and share this Slow Cooker Pork Chop Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 6 pork loin chops
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small cabbage, cut in thin wedges (optional)
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Trim fat from chops. Coat with 2 tablespoons flour. Brown chops in oil over medium heat.
- Place potatoes, onion and carrots in slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining flour over and toss to coat.
- Layer over potato mixture, in order, cabbage, salt, pepper, chops, bouillon, 1/4 cup water and stewed tomatoes with juice. Do not stir.
- Cover and cook on high 3 1/2-4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours
- Optional: in small saucepan, stir sour cream and cornstarch until smooth. Measure cooking liquid and add enough water or milk to 1 1/2 cups. Stir into saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and mixture comes to a boil. Serve with chops.