1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
Slow cooker Ham and Beans soup! I use my leftover meaty ham bone from Easter just like my mom used too. You'll love the way the ham falls off the bone as you shred it for the soup. Throw in all the ingredients and let it cook all day and then enjoy. Don't forget the chunky bread to dip in the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will need a large crock pot.
- 2Soak navy beans over night or for 12 hours in large bowl. Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- 3Place beans in slow cooker.
- 4Place Meaty Ham Bone on top of beans.
- 5Place vegetables around ham.
- 6Using reserved liquid, measure 5 cups of bean water and pour over ham and vegetables.
- 7Cover with Lid and slow cook for 8-10 hours. When done, the meat should be falling off the bone and the beans should be soft.
- 8Removed bone and meat. Discard bone and shred meat with forks.
- 9Place meat back in soup. Remove any excess vegetables you do not want.
- 10With large spoon, smash some of the beans against the side of the crock pot. Do this a few times. It makes the soup creamy.
- 11Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Ham and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: