Recipe by Jenny Frenny
It is nice to get the cooking done early in the day while the kids are at school. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was easy to make. I followed the recipe as written other then I mixed all the ingredients and added them all to the pot at the start of cooking. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil as that is what I buy. This made for tender cube steaks that were tasty.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 beef cube steaks
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3/4 ounce) packet brown gravy mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over med/high heat.
- Put flour, salt and pepper in a zip lock bag and mix well. Add the cube steaks one at a time, close bag, and shake to coat in flour.
- Add steaks to hot oil and brown on each side. Transfer steaks to the slow cooker.
- Add sliced onion rings and 2 cups of water to the crockpot as well.
- Cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- Mix together gravy mix, onion soup mix and the cream of mushroom soup with the last 1 cup of water. Add this to the slow cooker and mix gently so you do not tear up the steaks.
- Cook the cube steaks and gravy for 3 minutes longer. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.