Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
I got this from a magazine recently, I think it was Paula Deen's magazine. I've never used tomato of any kind in my Swiss Steak, but after I made this DH and I both decided we always want it this way! I serve this with mashed potatoes, but it will go well with noodles or rice, too.
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup siced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In 4 to 6 quart slow cooker, combine steak, mushrooms, onion, celery, and garlic.
- In medium bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, 1/2 cup water, gravy mix, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over steak mixture. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Couldnt have been easier to put this together in the slow cooker or make the house smell any better! The round steaks werent looking to good so I used lean stew meat and made a couple changes for the hubby. He is not fond of celery so I used celery salt and added some celery seed. and instead of adding the mushrooms made your Balsamic Sauteed Mushrooms recipe #296101. The meat was very tender and the sauce was delicious, a great combination. Will be making this again! Made and reviewed for the Autumn Fever 2019 recipe tag game.