1/1 Photo of Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
6 hrs 20 mins
I received this from a daily e-column (Everyday Cheapskate) I subscribe to. She'd never given me a bum steer before, so when I tried this I wasn't surprised that we liked it; the truth is we LOVED it! Having made this recipe once, next time I think I will try adding frozen mixed vegetables before adding the soup mix. I used 94% fat-free cream of chicken soup and due to time constraints made pasta to ladle the soup over when I served this. I'll try wild or long-grain rice next time. This is a real keeper and truly delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the chicken, butter, soup, broth and onion in slow cooker. Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on high.
- 2. One hour before serving, open biscuits. Roll each one to be about 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- 3Add to the slow cooker, laying on top of chicken and liquid. Overlapping strips of dough will occur.
- 4Continue cooking until the dough is no longer raw in the center, about 1 hour.
- 5Note: Dough will not cook into biscuits as you might think. It will become like traditional dumplings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.1
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 1529.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g