Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is so delicious and easy. Throw everything together, go to work, come home, and eat. How easy is that? This recipe doubles easily for a crowd too and doesn't cost a fortune.
- 1 lb beef stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscondensed cream condensed golden mushroom soup or 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cansregular cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles or 3 cups cooked rice
- In 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-quart slow cooker, mix beef, onion, soup, mushrooms and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 10 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir sour cream into beef mixture. Serve over noodles.
Of course with a basic recipe like this you have to season it to your taste to make it flavorful, but we all do that when cooking for our families. I give this 5 stars for the fact its so simple to make and the end result is a flavorful meal that you don't have to fuss with, just throw it in the crock pot! I used low sodium mushroom soup, and ff sour cream to lighten it up and make it a bit more healthy. I added fresh mushrooms (about 8 oz). I added about 1 tsp. beef bouillon granules and a about 2 T. Kitchen Bouquet to make the gravy a little darker. Great dish over some thin egg noodles, Pure comfort!
So simple and delish. Thanks.
This was great! So easy to make and the meat turned out really tender! I used fresh mushrooms and used a garlic mushroom soup. I halved the recipe and served with egg noodles. Very easy and tasty recipe.