- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2⁄3 cup dry lentils, rinsed & drained
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 8 hamburger buns or 8 French rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2, 4, or 5-quart crock pot, combine carrot, celery, dry lentils, uncooked brown rice, onion, garlic, brown sugar, and mustard.
- Stir in vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Stir in tomato sauce and vinegar, cover and cook for 30 more minutes.
- To serve, spoon mixture onto buns or rolls.