1 hr 5 mins
Nova Scotia Cook's Note:
My DH and I enjoy comfort food and found it in this recipe taken from Company's Coming Cookbook "Beef Today". Though not overly fond of pasta, hubby asks for seconds when this is served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ziti pasta or 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces canned stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 7 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
- 5 1/2 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2Drain and keep in cold water.
- 3Scramble fry the beef in a non-stick skillet for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the onion and green pepper and cook until the beef is browned and the onion is soft.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients - mix well.
- 7Bring the mixture to a boil.
- 8Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 9Add the drained pasta and spoon into a lightly sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan or a 3 quart casserole dish.
- 10Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sloppy Joe Pasta Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 55.2 mg
- Sodium 929.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 23.0 g