Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My DH and I enjoy comfort food and found it in this recipe taken from Company's Coming Cookbook "Beef Today". Though not overly fond of pasta, hubby asks for seconds when this is served.
- 2 cups ziti pasta or 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup green pepper (diced)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 28 ounces canned stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 7 1⁄2 ounces tomato sauce
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and keep in cold water.
- Scramble fry the beef in a non-stick skillet for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and green pepper and cook until the beef is browned and the onion is soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients - mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta and spoon into a lightly sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan or a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until hot.