Ww Sloppy Joe Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 lb white meat skinless ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) carton 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup grated alpine lace fat-free cheddar cheese or 1 cup kraft free cheese slice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni per package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground turkey in a skillet. Drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix,tomato paste, tomato sauce, cottage cheese and one cup water.
- Spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole w/non-fat cooking spray.
- Put a small amount of sauce on the bottom of the dish. Layer half the macaroni and half the meat sauce; repeat.
- Top with grated cheese or cheese slices.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes, or until bubbling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! A fun twist on the ol' lasagna recipe. Very flavorful! The only difference I'd suggest in the directions, is to cover the casserole for 25-30 minutes, then uncover for the remainder amount of time to lightly brown up the top layer of cheese. I had to cover mine up half-way through the cooking time because it was browning way too quickly. Otherwise, A+!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am from Michigan (metro-Detroit) area. No "human" kids, but I keep myself busy with my 2 five month old kittens adopted from a rescue league. Everyone said "you HAVE to have two!" If you're contemplating this for yourself, you may want to talk to me first...Do I have some stories for you! If I could escape from work for one month, you would find me on a Hawaiian beach, with a MaiTai in hand just soaking up the sun....