1/1 Photo of Skillet Shrimp and Rice
This is a recipe from Cooks Country Magazine. I used frozen shrimp and thawed them and diced tomatoes with mild green chilies for a flavor boost. This can be transferred to a covered baking dish, instead of using the ovenproof skillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra-large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces chorizo sausages, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups medium grain rice (uncooked)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1Adjust oven rack to middle position.
- 2Heat oven to 350.
- 3Toss shrimp with 1 T. oil, paprika and 1/4 t. salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Heat 1 t. oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until smoking. Add half of shrimp and cook until lightly browned, 30 to 40 seconds. Turn shrimp and cook 30 seconds longer. Transfer shrimp to clean bowl. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Cover bowl and set aside.
- 5Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 1 T. oil, chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook until sausage begins to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 6Add rice and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, water, clam juice, and 1/2 t. salt.
- 7Bring to a boil over high heat, cover and transfer skillet to oven. Cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20 to 30 minute.
- 8Remove skillet from oven; stir in peas and scatter shrimp over top. Cover and set aside until shrimp and peas are heated through, about 5 minute.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Serve directly from hot skillet.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Shrimp and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.4
- Calories from Fat 510
- Total Fat 56.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.8 mg
- Sodium 2123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 60.4 g