Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a real family pleaser around here. The guys really dig in and it's so easy to make I smile too.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups converted white rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Slice open and remove the casings from sausage.
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan with nonstick spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, mushrooms, and onion, breaking up the sausage with a fork.
- Cook until sausage is browned and the mushrooms and onion are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the rice and broth, stirring well, bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated and rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and pepper.
Wonderful! I did cut down the rice to 1 1/2 cups and used 3 cups chicken broth because I thought we would like it better with less rice and it worked out beautifully. I think it would also be good with hot Italian sausage or with some mozzarella added in with the Parmesan. Thanks for posting. Made for Newest Zaar Tag cooking game.
Very good comfort food. I made as directed, except I used regular rice and added a green bell pepper. I did need to cook longer since I used the regular rice but very good and realized this ahead of time. Next time I think I will use less rice and maybe more and other types of veggies. Thanks for sharing!
really good, i also cut down the rice, but used a rice medley instead, nice dish