1/2 Photos of Skillet Lasagna
White House Recipes's Note:
Got this in an email from America's Test Kitchen, from their new book "The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb meatloaf mix (ground beef, and 8 ounces ground pork. for spicier flavour increase the amount of red pepper flakes )
- 8 ounces curly-edged lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch lengths (10)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1Pour the tomatoes with their juice into a quart measuring cup. Add enough water to the tomatoes to measure 4 cups.
- 2Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add the meatloaf mix and cook, breaking up the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle the noodle pieces evenly over the meat. Pour the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce over the pasta. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender, about 20 minutes. (The sauce should look watery after 15 minutes of cooking. If dry, add up to 1/4 cup additional water to loosen the sauce.).
- 5Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dot heaping tablespoons of the ricotta over the noodles. Cover the skillet and let stand off the heat for 5 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle with the basil and serve, passing the extra Parmesan separately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skillet Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.1
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 470.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: