Quick and easy meal after a long busy day. Using jarred sauce and canned mushrooms. Serve with garlic bread and a salad.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups lasagna noodles, uncooked (miniature or broken regular)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato sauce or (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Skillet Pizza Lasagna: Substitute 2 15 oz cans of pizza sauce for pasta sauce and add 1/2 cup diced pepperoni.
- Cook meat, pepper, onion and garlic over med heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until meat is brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except for the cottage cheese.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is done.
- Stir in cottage cheese.
- Spread shredded cheese over the top and cover until melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We loved this. It was so simple and really good. I used a store-bought pasta sauce and liked that it used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. My DGS grabbed cottage cheese at the store instead of sour cream. lol. I have to admit that some containers look pretty much the same. lol. But we really enjoyed this simple dish. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient tag.Reply
see 14 more