Recipe by * Pamela *
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens "Make Ahead Cooking". Pork is prepared ahead and vegetables are added on cooking day. If desired marinate vegetables overnight in italian salad dressing.
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 large mushrooms
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork into a ziploc freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients, except veggies.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze; or marinate in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- To serve, defrost meat overnight in fridge.
- Drain meat.
- Thread pork onto skewers alternating with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, leaving 1/4 inch headspace between each piece.
- Grill kabobs over medium coals for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear and veggies are tender.