1/1 Photo of Skewered Five Spice Pork (Oamc) With Vegetables
* Pamela *'s Note:
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens "Make Ahead Cooking". Pork is prepared ahead and vegetables are added on cooking day. If desired marinate vegetables overnight in italian salad dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce or 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 large mushrooms
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 inch pieces
- 1Place pork into a ziploc freezer bag. Add remaining ingredients, except veggies.
- 2Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze; or marinate in fridge for at least 8 hours.
- 3To serve, defrost meat overnight in fridge.
- 4Drain meat.
- 5Thread pork onto skewers alternating with peppers, onions, and mushrooms, leaving 1/4 inch headspace between each piece.
- 6Grill kabobs over medium coals for 10-12 minutes or until juices run clear and veggies are tender.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Skewered Five Spice Pork (Oamc) With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (1133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.4 mg
- Sodium 909.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: