Recipe by Dancer^
This can feed 4, but we are pigs so its just 2. This could also be put in a crockpot and cooked on the low setting.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Wonderful recipe Dancer. We enjoyed the steak prepared this way. It was so tender and delicious. The gravy was spot on. The dh was a very happy man. We will be enjoying this again and again. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut sirloin into serving portions.
- Brown steak in the olive oil then remove from the pan.
- Add the flour and any additional oil to pan to make a roux, stir for a minute.
- Add water, onion soup, and bouillon stirring until combined.
- Add garlic and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and sirloin.
- Cover the pan and place in a slow oven (275 degrees) for 3 to 4 hours.