Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This can feed 4, but we are pigs so its just 2. This could also be put in a crockpot and cooked on the low setting.
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- Cut sirloin into serving portions.
- Brown steak in the olive oil then remove from the pan.
- Add the flour and any additional oil to pan to make a roux, stir for a minute.
- Add water, onion soup, and bouillon stirring until combined.
- Add garlic and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add the mushrooms and sirloin.
- Cover the pan and place in a slow oven (275 degrees) for 3 to 4 hours.
Wonderful recipe Dancer. We enjoyed the steak prepared this way. It was so tender and delicious. The gravy was spot on. The dh was a very happy man. We will be enjoying this again and again. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game.
I made this yesterday and it is excellent, I only had to cook mine in a 275 degree oven for 2 1/2 hrs. and it was sooo tender. I will be making this alot. Thank you Dancer
This steak smelled soooo good while it baked! I just wish I had used low-sodium bouillon, because it was a bit too salty. Other than that, the meat was very tender, and the sauce was wonderful over mashed potatoes. Next time, I will double the sauce, simply because it is so yummy! I used sliced baby 'bella mushrooms- thanks for posting this!!