Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
Sinful and yummy! A definite splurge but so worth it!
Top Review by KVasanth
This was good, but dare I say, a bit too rich for my taste (and for most of my guests). It also had quite a bit of separated oil/butter upon re-heating, so I think I'll keep looking (if only for the sake of my arteries).
- 10 yukon gold potatoes
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- chives, chopped (optional)
- paprika (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the potatoes (we leave the skin on) and put into a large pot of salted water.
- Add the 8 cloves of peeled garlic.
- Boil until tender.
- Drain and add the sour cream, butter and cream cheese to the pot and mash with a potato masher, for best texture do not use a mixer.
- Spread mixture into an oven proof casserole dish (about 9X13)and garnish as desired.
- Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the top has browned to your satisfaction.
- For faster results, skip baking and place under broiler for a few minutes.