Garlic Mashed Potatoes
This wonderful recipe came from my friend, Diane, and both of us prepare this for almost every family occasion. It would not be a meal at Mama's without them. Easy to make ahead and complements everything.
- Ready In:
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs idaho potatoes (4-5)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in pieces
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- chopped chives, and if desired or sour cream, if desired
- Steam potatoes until tender.
- Beat JUST potatoes 'til no lumps remain.
- Beat in minced garlic cloves, salt, 1 stick butter, cream, and parsley -- adding liquid gradually and beating 'til creamy.
- Spoon into oil-sprayed baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot with remaining butter.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I actually made this recipe a couple of weeks ago using some very bland leftover mashed potatoes from our early Easter dinner. It took the ho-hum potatoes to a whole other level! My cousin and I both agreed that they are definitely company worthy, and this will be the recipe we both use the next time mashed potatoes are served for a holiday...or any day for that matter. We enjoyed the potatoes alongside chicken which we topped with one of Peter J's mushroom recipes, broccoli, and salad. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe NJ. It is a keeper for sure! Made and reviewed for the April 2013 AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
Yummy! This recipe takes mashed potatoes as a side dish up a notch. Very flavorful and a great side to any meal. It doesn't take any more effort than the usual mash potatoes just a little more time because you have to bake it for 25 minutes. For some variation, I think it would be good topped with some parmesan or cheddar cheese. Thanks for another great recipe, NurseJaney. Made for November 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.