Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an incredible stir-fry, just the right amount of savory and sweet. Adjust the soy sauce and brown sugar to taste if you prefer the sauce to lean more towards one way than the other. Serve over brown rice.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrot, peas, bell pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts, etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine the cornstarch, water and garlic powder. Add the mixed veggies and onion and toss to coat.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and stir-fry the vegetables until tender. Add the broccoli and stir-fry 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, another two minutes before serving.
Loved it! The only change I made was adding more ginger and brown sugar because I used regular soy sauce and the saltiness was overpowering. I used water chestnuts, carrots, mushrooms and snow peas for my vegetables and served it over brown rice. The family raved over the meal from start to finish. Thanks for making our first "Meatless Monday" great.
What a nice flavorful stir fry that had just the wright amount of sauce. DH thought it perfect although it was a little sweet for my taste. Made as written. Thank you for the post.
This was super - great flavor. I cheated and added a bag of frozen stir fry veggies - thawed before I cooked. Also added green pepper, water chestnuts, two cups of cooked brown rice at the end and a can of minced clams. I thought three tablespoons of cornstarch would be too much, but it was perfect. Thanks so much for a great recipe. I will definitely be making this again, probably without the clams. I only dumped them in because I needed to use them up.