Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
After learning that the inexpensive maple syrup you buy in the store is extremely bad for you, I decided I needed to find a way to make my own. After searching through dozens of recipes and some trial and error, this is what I came up with. You can find maple extract in the grocery store near the vanilla extract. One batch of this recipe costs almost nothing.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon maple extract (or Imitation Maple Flavor)
- combine sugars in a medium sized pot and add one cup of water.
- bring to a boil on medium heat stirring constantly.
- let boil for three minutes.
- remove from heat and add 1/2- 1 tsp maple extract (to taste).
- serve warm.
This was easy & yummy. I added a little splash of vanilla extract & love it! Thank you for posting this!