Vanilla Caramel Syrup - For Coffee or Espresso
- Ready In:
21 fluid ounces
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups hot water (from your tap)
- 2 vanilla beans
- 6 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 teaspoons caramel extract
- Slice vanilla beans lengthwise with a sharp knife, use sharp edge of knife to scrape out the inside of the bean against the cutting board.
- Put the scrapings and the outer beans in a sauce pan.
- Put all other ingredients in the pan and heat on low stirring often for about 10 minutes.
- Turn heat up to medium for a few more minutes (3-5) stirring constantly.
- Do not boil.
- Filter your hot syrup through a Melitta and coffee filter or through a strainer and cheese cloth.
- This is to remove the bean skins and any sediment.
- Cool syrup and pour into a tall glass bottle, an old wine bottle or empty coffee syrup bottles work great and are the right size.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mother of three (one grown, one in middle school and one in high school). I have grandchildren who we invite over regularly to spend the night. We have lots of fun and a very full house! I do all of the baking and my husband cooks all the dinners. He loves to BBQ and cook and he is GOOD at it! He is wonderful with the children and I appreciate him so! I enjoy gardening, crafts, sewing, and crocheting, pets, and all kinds of "kid fun". If I had a month off I would spend it somewhere on the coast with just my sweetie and a view of the sea. I would miss the kids terribly so I would have them visit us in the hotel (that of course has room service) on Thursdays,Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays for swimming, walks, beach-combing, dune climbing and dune buggy rides, movies, church, and the hottub!