Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a simple recipe without a long list of ingredients, but it produces a rich, satisfying chili. My kids love this chili better than regular chili!!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packagemild chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces about 4 cups cooked spaghetti, cooked
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped onion
- Cook ground beef in large saucepan until no longer pink; drain.
- Add chili seasoning, cinnamon, beans and tomato sauce.
- Add water to bring to correct consistency.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti, topped with cheddar and onions.
This exact recipe (minus cinnamon) was found on the back of my chili seasoning's package. It's super easy to make and very yummy! I love the cinnamon touch in the recipe. Will make it again!
This family had a difference of opinion on which way to eat the chili. My daughter wanted to eat it with Ritz. She had two bowls of it cuz she liked it so much. My husband and I ate it over spaghetti. He didn't really like it that way. He said, "Beans don't belong on spaghetti!" He is mexican so I kinda knew that was coming. He wants it for lunch with crackers. I liked it over the noodles. I added some small diced red onions. Next time, I will leave that out. The only thing I did different was I only put 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon. I was to scared to put the whole teaspoon. I kept thinking, this only belongs in baking but it was actually pretty good. Not overwhelming! I would make this again! Thanks!!!!
This is not the typical chili we'd serve here in Texas, so I'm really glad we gave it a try! This recipe is super simple to make, and everyone really enjoyed it. My four-year-old rates it "really really yummy," and my husband said I should definitely make it again. I served it with "Upgraded Mac N Cheese" (http://www.food.com/recipe/upgraded-kraft-mac-n-cheese-291860). Thanks for a quick and easy dinner!