When I am in a rush I make this chicken curry....quick doesn't mean it isn't a mouth watering meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 -3 fresh red chilies
- 2 slices galangal, fresh
- 14 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
- 1Cut chicken as for curry and put into a heavy saucepan.
- 2In an electric blender put the onions, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, galangal and 1/2 cup coconut milk and blend until puréed.
- 3Pour over chicken.
- 4Rinse blender jar with some of the remaining coconut milk and pour into saucepan.
- 5Add ground spices, salt and curry leaves and bring slowly to simmering point, stirring now and then.
- 6Simmer uncovered until chicken is tender and sauce thick and reduced.
- 7If chicken is so tender it starts to fall apart, remove from pan with slotted spoon and reduce the sauce on its own, then pour over the chicken and serve with rice and accompaniments.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Chicken Curry
Serving Size: 1 (409 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.1
- Calories from Fat 518
- Total Fat 57.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 1040.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 41.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: