Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When I am in a rush I make this chicken curry....quick doesn't mean it isn't a mouth watering meal.
Make and share this Simple Chicken Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs roasting chickens
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, finely sliced
- 2 -3 fresh red chilies
- 2 slices galangal, fresh
- 14 fluid ounces coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
- Cut chicken as for curry and put into a heavy saucepan.
- In an electric blender put the onions, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillies, galangal and 1/2 cup coconut milk and blend until puréed.
- Pour over chicken.
- Rinse blender jar with some of the remaining coconut milk and pour into saucepan.
- Add ground spices, salt and curry leaves and bring slowly to simmering point, stirring now and then.
- Simmer uncovered until chicken is tender and sauce thick and reduced.
- If chicken is so tender it starts to fall apart, remove from pan with slotted spoon and reduce the sauce on its own, then pour over the chicken and serve with rice and accompaniments.