1/1 Photo of Sicilian Broccoli and Ditalini
20 hrs 30 mins
This is a wonderful and easy vegetable&pasta recipe that my family has been making for ages. We use only fresh broccoli and I have added bullion cubes to enhance the flavor. I hope you try this delicious and healthy dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place in a dutch oven or a large deep frying pan:.
- 2Chopped onion and garlic and saute in the olive oil for approximately 10 minutes but do NOT brown. (just a slightly golden color will be good).
- 3Clean and trim broccoli and cut into 2" pieces.
- 4Add cut broccoli to garlic and onion.
- 5turn down flame and add 6 cups very hot water and bullion cubes, & salt & pepper.
- 6Simmer until broccoili is still slightly crunchy and add pasta.
- 7Add more water if needed while pasta is cooking with the broccoli as it can absorb alot of the water.
- 8cook until pasta and broccoli are both tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- 9turn off the heat and sprinkle a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and approximatly 1/2 cup parmegiano cheese. Toss and serve.
- 10You can garnish with lemon if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Broccoli and Ditalini
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 660.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g