Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
A wonderful and simple meal! Serve with a salad and some warm bread.
Make and share this Shrimp & White Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- In a large heavy soup pot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic; saute until soft but not browned.
- Stir in cannellini beans, tomatoes, rosemary, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the hot water and the bouillon cube; stir until well combined and then pour into soup mixture.
- Add clam juice, white wine, and hot pepper sauce to taste (be careful, remember you can always add more hot pepper sauce, but you can't take it out).
- Bring soup just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Just before serving time, add the shrimp; simmer approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test).
- Stir in parsley.
- Remove from heat and serve in soup bowls.
This was an easy, quick, fabulous stew. I enjoyed the flavors very much. With a salad it makes a perfect dinner on a cold winters night! Thank you Dancer for a great recipe.