A wonderful and simple meal! Serve with a salad and some warm bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 fish bouillon cube
- 2 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- hot pepper sauce
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1In a large heavy soup pot over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- 2Add onion and garlic; saute until soft but not browned.
- 3Stir in cannellini beans, tomatoes, rosemary, and pepper.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the hot water and the bouillon cube; stir until well combined and then pour into soup mixture.
- 5Add clam juice, white wine, and hot pepper sauce to taste (be careful, remember you can always add more hot pepper sauce, but you can't take it out).
- 6Bring soup just to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer approximately 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 7Just before serving time, add the shrimp; simmer approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test).
- 8Stir in parsley.
- 9Remove from heat and serve in soup bowls.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp & White Bean Stew
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 1184.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fish bouillon cubes