Shrimp and White Bean Stew
photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- Heat the oil in a soup pot. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently,until the onion softens, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, and herbs.
- Add broth and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the stew is slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer just until cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was looking for tasty, healthy recipes I could make ahead and freeze for lunches to take to work. This recipe fits the criteria extactly. The combination of what we in Australia call prawns with tomato and fresh parsley is a rellay nice combination and the beans add just the right amount of texture to the dish. The stew was great when fresh made but froze well too and was very quick and simple to prepare. I used much less oil (a quick spray with an oil/water mix) to make it even healthier.