From The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen> Serve over rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs cooked peeled shrimp, rinsed
- 1In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until frothy. Whisk in the flour until it becomes a smooth, paste-like consistency. Turn the heat down, and constantly whisking, add in the half and half and whisk until bubbly.
- 2Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves, whisking until smooth. Remove bay leaves.
- 3Turn the heat up slightly. Add in the shrimp and 1/4 cup water, making sure to completely coat the shrimp in the sauce. Cook for 5 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately over rice.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 233.2 mg
- Sodium 1215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 23.2 g