Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen> Serve over rice.
Make and share this Shrimp Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 lbs cooked peeled shrimp, rinsed
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until frothy. Whisk in the flour until it becomes a smooth, paste-like consistency. Turn the heat down, and constantly whisking, add in the half and half and whisk until bubbly.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire, lemon juice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and bay leaves, whisking until smooth. Remove bay leaves.
- Turn the heat up slightly. Add in the shrimp and 1/4 cup water, making sure to completely coat the shrimp in the sauce. Cook for 5 minutes. If needed, season more with salt and pepper. Feel free to add more red pepper flakes if desired. Serve immediately over rice.