This is a very refreshing, sweet, no cook, healthy, lite, lemony, low fat summer meal. You can use store bought frozen cooked shrimp, But leftover grilled shrimp is just great in this salad. You don't need to salt because the capers, and feta are salty and lemon is a substitute for salt. But if you are a lover of salt taste first.
- 2 cantaloupes, halved seeded
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 3 cups peeled cooked shrimp, sliced in half
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt, drained overnight in the refrigerator liquid discarded
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- black pepper
- sliced scallion
- fresh herb
- Scoop the meat out from the cantaloupes and rough chop leaving a 1/4 inch so to keep the shell for the dish.
- Place the meat of the cantaloupe in a bowl with rest of salad ingredients.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a blender.
- Toss the dressing into the salad. Chill for one hour to let the flavors meld together.
- Scoop 1/4 of the salad into each of the cantaloupe bowls.
- Top with garnishes.