Summer Garden Chicken Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 cup fat free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- hot cooked rice
- Remove all visible fat from chicken; cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over med-high heat.
- Add in chicken, garlic, and gingerroot; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Add in onion carrots, ¾ cup chicken broth, soy sauce, and sugar; cover and cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in broccoli, mushrooms, and bell pepper; cover and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Mix cornstarch and remaining ¼ cup broth; stir into chicken mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice.
Join The Conversation
i made it with a few changes and really liked it! I wanted more flavor so I used sesame oil in the beginning to fry the chicken etc. Then instead of sugar I added some honey and also a bit white vinegar and ground pepper. I would have added Bok Choy as well but didn’t have it at the moment. Next time for sure! :)