Low-Fat Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
Who doesn't want a low-fat meal? Only 5 WW points.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained (serve over hot cooked rice)
- In a small bowl combine the first 6 ingredients, set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir fry chicken in oil for 5 to 6 minutes until juices run clear.
- Add vegetables& stir fry 3-4 minutes till crisp-tender.
- Stir in pineapple and soy sauce mix.
- Heat through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was Excellent. I have made it about 3 times already in just the last month or so, and chose to make it for a mother who just gave birth as a meal. I doubled it for their family of three eaters. I make brown rice to go with it, on the side or mixed up with it, delicious either way. This recipe is in my top 10 list for sure. It's so simple, very affordable, healthy, and yummy! What a combo. I like to cut my chicken up into smaller pieces so it spreads out in the meal better, and I also use Bragg instead of or mixed with the light soy sauce. Look it up! And I use brown sugar cause I rarely have white on hand and it all works wonderfully. Oh and olive oil instead of vegeatble. I appreciate you sharing this great recipe. May the Lord Jesus bless you with more of Himself!Reply
This was so yummy! I am always looking for new, healthy recipes to try, and this one exceeded my expectations. Even my fiancee, who is picky when it comes to healthier eating, loved this. It was super simple and I love the light taste of the sauce and the subtle sweetness of the pineapple. Next time I think I will add some water chestnuts for a little more texture. I will make this often, thanks so much for posting!Reply
Very good recipe! Even husband said make it again. I added a small can of sliced water chestnuts and the frozen vegetables I used were Birds Eye. It was fast, easy and flavorful. I will be making it again, and looking forward to it. It made a lot for the 2 of us, but the leftovers will be yummy! Thanks, Audrey.Reply
see 5 more