1/1 Photo of Shrimp Stir Fry With a Kick
I threw this recipe together for supper one night and it was excellent. I just had to share it with you guys. My mother-in-law got me started using the Ziplock Steming bags and as a working mom, they sure come in handy. This recipe was prepared using the bags, but you could also stir fry anyway you like. The vegetable variety could also be left up to your personal preference. My family loves broccoli so we use that along with our other vegetables. Frozen or fresh could be used for added convienence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh shrimp
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 carrots, julianed
- 2 heads broccoli, florets only
- 8 -10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl. Put aside and let set.
- 2Prepare Vegetables and place in large steaming ziplock bag.
- 3Add shrimp.
- 4Poor sauce over and close bag.
- 5Shake bag and place in microwave and cook on high for 10 minute.
- 6Remove from bag into large pan.
- 7Combine water and cornstarch until smooth.
- 8Stir into stir fry in pan. You may have to repeat this until you get it to the thickness of your liking.
- 9If you prefer to stir-fry using a pan:.
- 10Prepare sauce and vegetables as above.
- 11Place vegetables into pan and saute over medium heat for 5 minute
- 12Add sauce and shrimp and saute anther 5 minute.
- 13Then thicken with cornstarch and water.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Stir Fry With a Kick
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.4
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 1014.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 19.0 g
- Protein 24.7 g