I threw this recipe together for supper one night and it was excellent. I just had to share it with you guys. My mother-in-law got me started using the Ziplock Steming bags and as a working mom, they sure come in handy. This recipe was prepared using the bags, but you could also stir fry anyway you like. The vegetable variety could also be left up to your personal preference. My family loves broccoli so we use that along with our other vegetables. Frozen or fresh could be used for added convienence.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 3 carrots, julianed
- 2 heads broccoli, florets only
- 8 -10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients for sauce in a small bowl. Put aside and let set.
- Prepare Vegetables and place in large steaming ziplock bag.
- Add shrimp.
- Poor sauce over and close bag.
- Shake bag and place in microwave and cook on high for 10 minute.
- Remove from bag into large pan.
- Combine water and cornstarch until smooth.
- Stir into stir fry in pan. You may have to repeat this until you get it to the thickness of your liking.
- If you prefer to stir-fry using a pan:.
- Prepare sauce and vegetables as above.
- Place vegetables into pan and saute over medium heat for 5 minute
- Add sauce and shrimp and saute anther 5 minute.
- Then thicken with cornstarch and water.