I love a good garlicky pizza! I love that this has the sauce poured on top before baking. It really keeps the shrimp from drying out and enhances the garlic flavor.
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3 cloves whole unpeeled garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- For dough:.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water and let stand 10 minutes.
- Add oil and salt.
- With dough hook mix onlow, adding flour slowly until sot ball forms.
- Knead with machine for 3-4 minutes.
- Knead by hand on lightly floured surface to a smooth ball.
- Place dough in a greased bowl (use olive oil).
- Cover and let stand until almost doubled.
- While dough is rising, place garlic on a baking sheet, and drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on each bulb.
- Roast at 375 degree oven until entire bulb is soft (20 minutes).
- Let cool.
- Remove cloves from the husks.
- Mash garlic into a paste.
- Punch down the the dough.
- Stretch to fit a well-oiled 15 inch round deep pizza pan.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush pizza with olive oil.
- Spread with garlci paste and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- While dough is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan.
- Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove shrimp.
- Add garlic and pepper to pan and cook 30 seconds.
- Add wine.
- Simmer until wine is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Add parsley.
- Arrange shrimp on top of pizza.
- Pour sauce over shrimp.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until bottom is light brown.
- Let it set for 5 minutes before cutting.