1/1 Photo of Shrimp Scampi Pizza
1 hr 15 mins
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
I love a good garlicky pizza! I love that this has the sauce poured on top before baking. It really keeps the shrimp from drying out and enhances the garlic flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1For dough:.
- 2Dissolve yeast and sugar in water and let stand 10 minutes.
- 3Add oil and salt.
- 4With dough hook mix onlow, adding flour slowly until sot ball forms.
- 5Knead with machine for 3-4 minutes.
- 6Knead by hand on lightly floured surface to a smooth ball.
- 7Place dough in a greased bowl (use olive oil).
- 8Cover and let stand until almost doubled.
- 9While dough is rising, place garlic on a baking sheet, and drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on each bulb.
- 10Roast at 375 degree oven until entire bulb is soft (20 minutes).
- 11Let cool.
- 12Remove cloves from the husks.
- 13Mash garlic into a paste.
- 14Punch down the the dough.
- 15Stretch to fit a well-oiled 15 inch round deep pizza pan.
- 16Let rise 30 minutes.
- 17Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 18Brush pizza with olive oil.
- 19Spread with garlci paste and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 20Bake 20 minutes.
- 21Remove from oven.
- 22While dough is cooking, heat 2 tablespoons oil in frying pan.
- 23Add shrimp and cook 2 minutes.
- 24Remove shrimp.
- 25Add garlic and pepper to pan and cook 30 seconds.
- 26Add wine.
- 27Simmer until wine is reduced to about 1 tablespoon.
- 28Remove from heat.
- 29Whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 30Add parsley.
- 31Arrange shrimp on top of pizza.
- 32Pour sauce over shrimp.
- 33Bake 10-15 minutes, until bottom is light brown.
- 34Let it set for 5 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 482.6
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 855.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 16.7 g