Shrimp Scampi Garlic Bread
- Ready In:
- 1 large italian baguette
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 6 tablespoons
- 6 cloves finely chopped garlic, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Baking sheet.
- Large skillet.
- Preheat oven to broil. Hollow out the inside of the baguette using a serrated knife to cut a wedge out from the top, and scoop out some of the bread. Place baguette on a baking sheet.
- In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon chopped garlic over medium heat. Use a brush to coat the top and inside of the bread with the butter and garlic mixture. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese over bread and broil until toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Add a pinch of chili flakes and white wine and bring to a boil. Stir in shrimp and cream cheese and cook until cream cheese is melted and shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into the bread.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
I have made this several times. I cut the recipe in half for just the two of us. Subbed chicken broth for the wine since I didn't have any. And to keep ingredients always on hand I buy the small bags of cooked frozen salad shrimp which are 4-5 oz. Thaw, rinse, and proceed. Simply a matter of chopping the garlic, melting the butter, and combining all the ingredients. And I use smaller sub or hoagie crusty bread so I can make this in my toaster oven without turning on the big one that heats up the kitchen. We love seafood, and this one is a keeper!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!