Buttery Shrimp Scampi Dip
photo by Marie N.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, parsley, 1/4 cup mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella. Place into oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
It would be hard for me to choose between my two favorite hobbies, cooking and reading, so frequently I compromise and read a cookbook! My husband thinks we have an annex of the public library in our house there are so many books.