Spinach Garlic Pizza
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 prepared pizza crust (12 inch I use Boboli.)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,very well drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled feta cheese, with garlic & herb
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- grated parmesan cheese
- Mix olive oil and garlic in small microwavable bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds.
- Place pizza crust on cookie sheet; brush entire surface with oil mixture.
- Top with spinach, mozzarella cheese, tomato slices and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle pizza with rosemary and parmesan Bake at 450' F for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
OMG! My meat-lover husband made a pepperoni pizza and I made this one last night. He said he liked this pizza better than his! I am shocked. We are making again for a couple that also likes meat on their pizza so that will be the true test. But this is by far my favorite pizza, the flavors are amazing. I'm not the biggest fan of rosemary so I used some dried and a very small amount.
This is such a great recipe. I also enjoy non-tomato sauce recipes! My "crust" was a piece of whole wheat organic bread so I improvised w/ the ingredients--as usual! I had no tomato, flavored feta or rosemary so I used recipe#149428 Parmesan Herb Mix to get that wonderful "herb" flavor! I also used fresh spinach & added vegetarian pepperoni for a nice spicy kick. I used butter spray on the bread instead of olive oil & baked it in my toaster oven for 10 min. It was so great; esp the herb & cheese flavors. I am the "lone" vegetarian in the family so meals like this are just great for me to enjoy :-). Thanks so much for sharing!!