Recipe by Julie B's Hive
For a more substantial meal, the salad can be served on pumpernickel bread or toasted French bread as an open-face sandwich and topped with slices of hard-boiled egg. Garnish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs. From Bon Appetit 2006.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb cooked peeled medium shrimp
- 1 cup thinly sliced halved English cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup sliced cornichon (gherkins)
- 8 butter lettuce leaves, preparation
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk mayonnaise, chopped dill, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice in medium bowl. Add shrimp, cucumber, and cornichons and toss to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Nestle 2 lettuce leaves on each of 4 plates. Mound shrimp salad in leaves, dividing equally, and serve.