Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Cooking Light.
Make and share this Shrimp Remoulade Po'boys recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- cooking spray
- 4 French bread, sliced horizontally (3 oz. each)
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- To prepare sauce, combine first 11 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and chill.
- Prepare grill.
- Thread shrimp onto 4 (10-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hollow out bread halves, leaving a 1-inch thick shell.
- Place bread on a baking sheet; bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Place 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup tomato and 6 shrimp in bottom half of each loaf.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce over each sandwich. Cover with top bread halves.
Loved this sauce on my fish sandwich. Will make it all the time for fish.
Cut this down for just the two of us and what a tasty sandwich! I followed the recipe except using lemon pepper for the regular pepper. Definately one sandwich I will make again and again. Made for Spring PAC Orphanage 2012 tag game.
I made this as part of my "shrimp tasting dinner" since my friend couldnt make it up, so i scaled 3 recipes i tagged down for 1. This was TERRIFIC.