Baby Kay's Shrimp Remoulade
This is the best Shrimp Remoulade you'll ever taste. Recipe comes from a small cajun restaurant in Phoenix. Cooking time includes chilling.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, fresh, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 - 1 tablespoon creole mustard (adjust to taste)
- 36 -40 shrimp, fresh cleaned boiled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp together and refrigerate.
- Cook cleaned shrimp and chill.
- Just before serving add shrimp to dressing and mix.
- Place shredded lettuce on chilled plates.
- Divide shrimp mixture between plates.
- Serve with crusty french bread.
- ALso wonderful added to a full salad.
- Note:Creole Mustard such as Zatarain's brand can be found in well stocked supermarkets and gourmet food stores.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a hard recipe to rate as I've never had shrimp remoulade before. The flavors blended well together but it just lacked some kind of seasoning. The only thing we could taste was the horseradish. I'll increase the creole mustard next time and the lemon juice and see if that helps for our preference. Thanks for sharing.
This was superb and im not sure i even scaled it down correctly (cooked earlier than planned due to freezer that defrosted and rather panicked) It had bite, sweetness from the shrimp, a special flavor from the horseradish. I used the Recipe #38148 on zaar because i didn't have any creole mustard or access to it. I think it was thinner than it should have been but that was my fault putting in a higher ratio of lemon to mayonnaise, and the taste was not impaired at all