Recipe by evelyn/athens
I first enjoyed this shrimp dish at an outdoor cafe on St. Denis street in Montreal (a long, long, time ago). Sharing so you can enjoy it, too. This would make a perfect, romantic dinner.
- 8 fresh shrimp, very large, shelled & deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons Pernod
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the peppercorns and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until they are just pink.
- Pour over the Pernod and flame. Add chives and cream and heat just to simmer. Serve immediately with lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce!