Recipe by WI Cheesehead
From the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel. Saving this to try for summer.
Top Review by gertc96
This was so good and what a refreshing salad for a hot summer afternoon. I prepared this with bow tie pasta as that is what I had on hand. I also steamed my green beans insted of blanching them, this is just a personal preference. The feta was a wonderful addition. Thanks so much for sharing this...
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces dried rotini pasta (or any similar size pasta)
- 1 lb medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Have ready a large bowl of ice water.
- In pot of boiling salted water, cook green beans until they turn bright green and start to soften.
- Transfer beans to ice water immediately. When cool, drain them and pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions (cook until al dente.).
- Drain pasta and rinse with cold water until pasta is completely cool and drain again until free of excess water. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cooked green beans, pasta, shrimp, dill to taste, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, feta cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 days.