Shrimp Fried Rice - Com Chien Tom
- Heat 1/2 tbp of the oil in wok; pour in egg and swirl gently to set and form a thin omelet; when cooked, transfer to a large bowl and shred.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok and cook the garlic with half of the chopped onion until light brown; add the shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, curled and cooked through; remove to the bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok and saute the remaining chopped onion with the green onions; add the cooked rice and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Add the contents of the bowl, along with oyster sauce, salt and pepper, and stir-fry until the rice turns slightly golden.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs before serving.
- Serve with soy sauce or Nuoc Mam if desired.