Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
A Vietnamese style of fried rice. A great way to use leftover steamed rice up.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, cleaned,deveined,and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro stem
- Heat 1/2 tbp of the oil in wok; pour in egg and swirl gently to set and form a thin omelet; when cooked, transfer to a large bowl and shred.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok and cook the garlic with half of the chopped onion until light brown; add the shrimp and stir-fry until opaque, curled and cooked through; remove to the bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok and saute the remaining chopped onion with the green onions; add the cooked rice and heat through, stirring constantly.
- Add the contents of the bowl, along with oyster sauce, salt and pepper, and stir-fry until the rice turns slightly golden.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs before serving.
- Serve with soy sauce or Nuoc Mam if desired.
So easy and so good!
This recipe is so good. This was my first time making fried rice. I added bean sprouts and it was awsome. Thank you.
This was a hit! I added ginger, out of habit and hot pepper flakes just before serving. Will surely make this again.