Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Devil's Prawns, a recipe from Jacques Pepin as related to me by a good friend.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined, shell in
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons asian chili paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup scallion, thinly sliced (about 6)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Put all ingredients in a saucepan and mix well.
- Cover and bring to a boil (use enough heat so that coming to a boil takes around 3 minutes).
- Once boiling, remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
I had fun w/this tasty recipe when I paired it w/Bruschetta Beef Patties, reduced both to 2 servings & served them together as *Surf & Turf* bruschetta on split baguette bread w/a green salad. I made the recipe as written using chili sauce + frozen Icelandic baby shrimp & spread the mixture on the bread I lightly brushed w/olive oil. It was like having an expensive shrimp cocktail w/o the expensive price tag! We loved it! Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.