Mussels Fra Diavolo
photo by jellygirl
- Ready In:
- 1 lb of clean mussels
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 0.5 (15 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- ****cleaning mussels***** Make sure that the mussels are closed. If they are open, tap them and make sure that they close, if they are not closed DO NOT USE THEM. Make sure to run them under water to remove the sand, and pull off the "beard". You can let them sit in the fridge in a large bowl of ice if you are not ready to make them yet.
- Saute onion in butter till translucent. Add garlic.
- Add mussels, then add wine and sauce and stir.
- Cover for 15 minutes until they open.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!