Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Two of my favorites...shrimp & spinach, topped off with a cream sauce. One of the first recipes I ever made for a boyfriend. The boy is long gone, but I still love the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Spread spinach in a pie pan and top with shrimp.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour.
- Then gradually add milk, wine, scallions.
- Cook on low, stirring
- Add salt, pepper and enough paprika for a rosy color.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Shrimp & spinach are 2 of my faves as well & DH (who is not esp fond of spinach) loved this dish. I made a full recipe using precooked Icelandic baby shrimp + McCormick Lemon & Pepper Seas Salt. There is just something (for me at least) about spinach & shrimp (together or separate) that begs for garlic, so I added it & found the combo of the lemon & garlic flavors to be very palate-pleasing. I served it over rice w/a cucumber salad. This is a yummy dish, comes together in a flash (big bonus in my book) & I look forward to leftovers. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
Indeed outstanding! This is one of the best and easiest dishes I have tried from RecipeZaar. I halved the recipe and followed it faithfully. Served with just some buttered pasta. A wonderful supper.