- 4 pieces flat bread
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pureed chipotle chile
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cilantro pesto sauce
- 16 large grilled shrimp, serve while warm
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all chickpea puree ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat flat bread on grill.
- Spread 1/4 cup of the chickpea puree over each warmed flat bread. Sprinkle with some of the goat cheese. Place 4 grilled shrimp on each flat bread and top each shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the pesto. Garnish with chopped cilantro and finely diced red pepper.